We Are Family

We Are Family

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My sweet Brayden

The other day when we were walking home from school, Brayden asked me if he could please go to papa's house. I said that papa was working but we could go to see him soon. He said no not that papa, my papa in heaven. Just to make sure I asked him if he was talking about papa Rick and he said yes.
I explained that we couldn't visit and that God is taking care of papa and that he is in our heart. Well that didn't cut it for Brayden. He wanted to know why he didn't want us at his house and which way is heaven and when can we go. I told him that there isn't a house like we live in, that heaven is "so tall" that it is higher than the clouds, and that papa would love to see him and play with him (even squinkies and play dough).
The questions kept pouring out and my heart kept breaking. I explained that God really really needed papa when Brayden was ten months old. Brayden followed that up with " I need to see papa really REALLY bad a lot now probably" - how do I respond to that? I said "we can't go to heaven today bc...." And that's when Brayden cut me off " bc cars don't have wings and can't fly?" So I agreed.

We sure do miss papa though!

No comments:

Post a Comment