We Are Family

We Are Family

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Weaning Process

Most of you know that I am a breastfeeding mom.  Most of you know that it has always been fairly easy for me with a few bumps in the road.  Third time around was the easiest...until now, Weaning time!  The boys were at daycare taking bottles so they could just have cow's milk mixed with their bottles.  Kalyn has taken bottles but not so much recently and therefore doesn't like bottles and would not take breastmilk out of a sippy cup.  So, I tried giving her straight up whole milk.  She tried it and threw her cup like she was saying "OH H*** NO!"  Ha ha ha ha-NOT! Because she is now 12 and a half months old and still won't drink cow's milk.  Our AMAZING pediatrician said to proceed with the weaning process as planned and just offer cow's milk (even skim if necessary since breast milk is not very thick) along with other dairy products.  Today (1/17) is the 3rd day of no nursing at all and so far so good.  The third time may have been the easiest nursing time for me, but certainly is the hardest weaning time....I guess I deserve it.















No comments:

Post a Comment