We Are Family

We Are Family

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, New Goals, New Resolutions

OK... Our new year did not start the way we thought it would!  Just after midnight, Jon got hit hard with the stomach bug.  The next day the kids and I tried to steer clear of him by leaving the house.  Yup, by evening, the boys and I joined the flu fun!  SO, now that we have had the stomach bug in 2013, we won't have to get it again this year, right?

Our new years resolution: keeping the kitchen countertops cleaned off and cupboards organized.  This might not be an issue at your house.  I never thought it would ever be a problem at our house, but it has just been a control center for EVERYTHING!!!  School work, bills, arts and crafts, Pampered Chef, mail, cups, snacks, EVERYTHING!!! SO far so good!  (less than a week in, but this is the longest it's ever lasted in the past) AND I AM TALKING NOTHING on the countertops!

OK. New Goals.  If you know me, you know that I got FAT right after I got married.  I was pregnant right away and I let myself eat EVERYTHING.  Now, 3 kids later, I am LOSING THIS WEIGHT!  I have used my kids as excuses long enough. I started working out and I did lose 10 lbs after losing the baby weight from my third pregnancy.  I am now in a routine of going to the Y daily with the kids.  One of my goals for 2012 was to be a "gym rat" and develop good exercise habits.  I did that!  And I celebrate that!  I nursed for a year (today) while pushing myself hard at the gym.  See, old self?  It is doable! 

2013 is going to be a big year for us!  I am going to lose the remaining 20 lbs.  I am going to check in weekly.  (Plan is every Friday afternoon), I am going to do before and after pictures and I plan to post pictures, just not today ;) Sorry if that grosses you out, but this is about MY health and feeling good. This is going to help hold me accountable.  I can say how I am feeling about everything, how my workouts are going, how I am eating, and what I am losing.  I have never been big on numbers on a scale, but I am BIG on clothes size and how things are fitting and I have some clothes waiting for me when I am ready to let go of this weight and put them back on!

SO.... Challenge "From Fat to Fit" has started!!!  If you think about it, drop me an email, text, FB msg, or call with encouragement and I promise I will do the same! 

Here's to a great 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment