We Are Family

We Are Family

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fitness and Nutrition

It seems like every time I try to hold myself accountable it always ends in a disaster of some sort! 
We had just gotten home from a FANTASTIC 6 year old's bday party at 8pm-ish last Saturday and I carried Nolan into the house.  I made it all the way up the stairs over by his bed (flat ground, floor was picked up) and I tripped.  Nolan went flying....it was awful.  He was surprisingly ok. He just wanted to go to bed.  Me, on the other hand, could. not. move.  Finally, I was able to get up.  My knee was and still is SO bruised.  I don't *think* anything major happened, but I certainly cannot kneel on it. I made it to the gym the next day, but had to alter my extras during my workout. 

Well, I have been doing better -not everyday and not every meal-logging my food on myfitnesspal.  This is HUGE for me.  I am not great good at it at all!  I have stopped picking up junkie food.  I told Jon if he and the kids wanted that stuff, he would need to pick it up and hide it somewhere.  If it's in our house-I will WANT to eat it and if I don't know it's here, I don't want to eat it :)  So, I took a trip to Trader Joe's the other day.  It is a great store.  So glad I stopped by.  AND they are VERY friendly and helpful-anyway the lady I spoke with was.  Plus, she gave me a free reusable bag and suckers for the kids.  It was a great experience.  I loved everything I bought.  Crackers, chipotle hummus, flatbread, chicken, deli meat (turkey), greek yogurt, and some granola bars (oh and chocolate covered cherries and caramels... that was my last purchase of junk-I promise). 

We also started buying milk at Costco!  This is another big deal for our household.  I am an AE kinda gal and to even think about not buying AE milk was really hard for me.  At $2.70/gallon, I don't mind!

So, I've only lost one additional pound since I started, but a pound is a pound!  We have caught the head colds here too-yesterday we were down and out for reals. BUT through it all, I am trying to stay active. 

I am going to do something new -- I am going to wait to tell you all about it until I'm done bc I don't like to recommend anything if I haven't tried it myself. SO.... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment