We Are Family

We Are Family

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kalyn's Birth Story Part 1

*I wanted to dedicate a day to each of the kiddos about the day they were born since I wasn't actively blogging then*

January 4, 2012
Jon took me to my appointment for my amnio at 10AM.  We had to go from the high risk doctor's office to Methodist for monitoring afterwards for a couple hours.  Jon and I were planning a delicious lunch at Jethros after I was done being monitored. My whole pregnancy, the baby was pretty lazy.  I didn't feel a TON of kicking like I did with the other two.  The nurse said that everything seems fine but the baby is just not being as active as they would like it to after having an amnio.  Dr. Osborne came in and said that the lungs are developed and then left.  I was prepared to wait a week or two or deliver the next day, so I was still feeling pretty good.  Jon and I thought we should probably call our moms and get them ready for Thursday, delivery day.  Just a minute or two later, Dr. Osborne was back and said that it would be more risky to wait a day and he didn't feel comfortable doing that when the baby wasn't being as active.  SO.... we were having a baby that day.... I was NOT prepared for that!

*we knew that we were going to have another c-section since we ended up having one with Brayden and then scheduled one with Nolan because of the gestational diabetes*

By now it is 1:30 or so...

I was completely prepped for my c-section. Jon was frantically making the appropriate calls so that the boys were taken care of and that was all he had time for before we went into the OR.  As I am laying there, Dr. Osborne starts talking to his nurses and the rest of the crew about how good Jethros sounded and everyone started chiming in about their favorite sandwiches, etc.  Note: he knew we had planned on going there for lunch and he also knew I hadn't eaten since before 6AM!  SO, he was in good spirits and felt comfortable joking with me which is important for you to know.

A few cuts later and out came the baby!  Jon was looking at the baby and I was ANXIOUSLY and "oh so patiently" waiting for him to tell me the GENDER of our new baby when after what seemed like an eternity (2:41PM), Dr. Osborne says "IT'S A GIRL!"  I remember asking a hundred times if he was serious and saying "OMGosh!!!"

They asked us if we had a name and of course we did!  Kalyn Sue Schoeberl..... after Sue Lynn and Susan Kay (grandmas) and Jennifer Sue (me).

The NICU was there because she was only 36 weeks.  They checked her over while Jon watched and FINALLY they weighed her ... 8lbs 12.2oz.... The NICU said she looked great and Jon brought her over to me.  She was BEAUTIFUL!!!!


NICU nurses checking her over


Daddy, DAUGHTER, and Mommy

Around 3 or 3:30 or so, my mom and Jon's mom got to the hospital and sent the boys in to meet their sister!  They were more interested in having a snack... Then Jon had the grandmas come in.  We tried to get Brayden to tell them that he had a sister, but eventually, to avoid a meltdown, I said it and the grandmas went crazy!!! It was funny!!!!


Mama Sue with the boys, Kalyn and Jon




No comments:

Post a Comment