We Are Family

We Are Family

Friday, May 18, 2012

Anniversaries

I love anniversaries .... Of the day I first met Jon, of the day I met each of my babies, of the days that I found out that I was pregnant, wedding anniversaries....

There are some not-so-fun anniversaries. Saying goodbye too soon to loved ones are not anniversaries I particularly like.

Three years ago today God welcomed an amazing man into heaven. Jon's dad passed away very unexpectedly and left an emptiness in our hearts. We miss him everyday and always think about what he would say and do. When we found out that we were pregnant with our third, we joked about what he would say and how happy he would be.

Rick was so good to me. He treated me like a daughter and was genuinely interested in things that I did- Farrell's, cooking, work, etc.

One of my favorite times was simply raking the yard with him one fall in Waterloo. It was right after Jon and I got married. (I was pregnant at the time but didn't know it). We were talking (he was distracting me so I wouldn't notice) while he raked behind what I was raking. :) I was leaving behind a few leaves. :)

The last time Brayden, Jon, josh, and I saw him was at maid rite for supper before he left to head back to Waterloo. He was holding his sweatshirt up to shade the car window where the sun was shining on Brayden.

I hate that this happened. I don't think it is fair. I still don't understand. And I still am selfish and want him here instead of heaven.

Love you and miss you, Rick!

No comments:

Post a Comment