We Are Family

We Are Family

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lunch at Monterrey

Now that I am home full time, I miss my occasional lunch with friends during the work day. Let's be honest, three little kids tagging along on a lunch date....

Yeah, but I am super mom!

So one day I pick up Brayden from preschool and feeling a bit overwhelmed about how fast Kalyn is growing, I stopped quick at kidding around to get some bigger clothes for her. My friend Denise called and had the rest of the afternoon off and asked if I wanted to do lunch.

Heck yes I did!

Monterrey was right there.

Brayden was throwing down chips and cheese like I had never fed him in a million years. Nolan was eating too and my sweet Kalyn slept through the whole outing. Then Brayden chugged his extremely thick and rich chocolate milk. Yum! I tell Brayden for the hundredth time, "no more chips!!" I don't know about you, but my kids are good and listen-HA!

Out of the corner of my eye I see Brayden sneak another chip. Then he starts whining and coughing. I tell him he is ok, take a drink, calm down....

BARF..... Yep, everywhere.

So as you can imagine, I grab him sprint to the bathroom, strip him down, and clean him up. His underwear was the only survivor. So I carry him out to the car in his undies (who would have guessed right malissa!) drive the van up by the door, and leave him there while I grab the other two kids.

Yep. This happened to me.

Looking back a couple of funnies along the way. One the kid's pediatrician witnessed the whole thing. Two my friend that was with me cannot stomach puke, so I am thankful she didn't join Brayden. Three I was starting to get a bit over confident on my super mom abilities and what a great way for God to bring me back to reality eh?

It took me a good month or more to even feel the slightest bit of a craving for Mexican food. And yes, I did leave them a big tip!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment