We Are Family

We Are Family

Friday, November 9, 2012

DIY

I made my first batch of laundry detergent on march 27, 2012. I am on my last container which lasts approximately one month. By my estimates, this mix lasts my family of five (2 adults 3 children) about nine months.
I spent $27.16. ($3.02 per month) The most expensive ingredient was the Purex crystals and is completely optional. I bought the big bottle for $8.96. (All items were purchased at Walmart).
It has worked VERY well for us!! There have been the occasional stains that I pretreat, but otherwise I just use two tablespoons of this homemade laundry detergent and my clothes are clean and smell good.

Well, there ya go!

1 comment:

  1. I make our own with just Borax, washing soda, and Fels-Naptha. I also only use 1 tablespoon. It works amazing and is so much cheaper than the commercial stuff!!

    ReplyDelete