We Are Family

We Are Family

Monday, August 13, 2012

Slowing down and catching up

Last week I did the "slow down challenge" that I created for myself. I just wanted to slow down and not rush so much-- and what a better time to slow down than right when the summer is in overdrive trying to wrap up everything before school starts. I have never had so much fun with the kids and gotten so much done at the same time! I discovered a few things... My kids are the best helpers and they are the most lovable, responsible, and awesome 4 yr old and 2 yr olds I know! We are still on slow down mode!!

We had a follow up ENT appt for Nolan (every six months) and the kids did so good being patient and waiting for the doctor (when he was running 30 min late). Best ENT ever!

My BFF Andrea had her baby boy on Friday!!! SO exciting!! Jenner Maxwell Doll. I love him so much already!!

Jon and I went out with a few of my old coworkers for happy hour. It had been A LONG TIME. So fun to catch up with everyone.

Saturday, we had a few friends over to celebrate Jon's 31st Bday. It was a beautiful day and great company made for a fun night!! Thanks guys!!

Brayden just had his 4 yr appt at the doctors office. We opted to get his booster shots (for kindergarten-- which they do at age 4 or more commonly 5). He took the shots like a champ and only cried for a quick second and then asked if he got a bandaid. My little stud!! He was 99% for weight at 51.6 lbs and 93% for height at 43 1/8 in.
We are going to talk to our ENT about his tonsils and adenoids. He has BIG tonsils and never really had a sore throat...knock on wood.

We have a couple of busy weeks to come. Vacation to okaboji, school stuff, women of faith, one of Brayden's BFF's Bday party and then HELLO FALL AND BACK TO SCHOOL.

Just some cute pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment